How do I book a Camper with KMH (Kiwi Motorhomes Ltd)?
Step 1: Complete enquiry form
Step 2: KMH will respond confirming a motorhome is available along with a quote
Step 3: You accept the quote and confirm booking
Step 4: KMH respond with payment options and contracts
Step 5: You confirm payment details, sign and return contracts and confirm pick up time and location
Step 6: Once payment option has been processed then KMH will secure booking
How does the insurance work?
KMH understands that you don’t rent a vehicle expecting to need insurance, but we understand that accidents do happen, so we want to assure you that KMH has you covered. KMH has a comprehensive commercial insurance policy which will provide cover for the vehicles whilst on hire, this is subject to standard excesses.
Is the Insurance optional?
No, when you request a booking the comprehensive Insurance policy costs will be calculated and included in the quote shown, this is compulsory.
What happens if I’m in an accident?
If you are in an accident with a 3rd party, you should immediately contact KMH and we will work through the issues with you and endeavor to get you back enjoying your holiday as quickly as possible.
If the camper is not safe to continue driving we will try our best to secure an alternative vehicle to help get you back on the road, however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do this on all occasions.
What happens if an accident happens but the camper is still safe to drive, can I continue my holiday?
The guest is required to notify KMH in all accident related events as soon as any damages occur to the camper. As long as the camper is still safe to continue driving and KMH have approved then the Hirer can carry on with their holiday. At the end of the hire KMH will have the damage assessed and notify the Hirer of costs and excess to be paid if applicable.
Why rent with KMH?
We at KMH have some great reasons why you would rent from us:
- Personalized service from experienced motorhome owners
- No 10% booking fee
- No additional RUC costs (Road User Charges)
- No additional cleaning fees
- Free access to Solar power for freedom camping, satellite tv, bike rack, mountain bikes, GPS, baby seats, clean linen, outdoor table & chairs, DVD, games & books.
- Secure payment system
- Best available daily rates, we guarantee you won’t find cheaper anywhere else, if so we will beat it by 5%
- 24/7 support and roadside assistance
- Comprehensive insurance cover
Can I extend my trip?
Yes, this will depend on availability of the camper after your hire. The Hirer must request an extension and KMH will then confirm availability, any extension will be booked as an additional hire.
Are there restrictions on roads and locations where a vehicle/camper can be driven?
All insurance policies have restrictions placed on where the vehicle can be driven so we strongly recommend you read the Terms & Conditions of the Insurance policy on the KMH site, a copy of the Insurance policy is available on request
What happens if I return the vehicle late?
A late fee of 125% of the pro-rated normal hourly hire cost of Vehicle
If late return impacts next rental, 150% full daily rate due
Do I need to clean the vehicle before returning it?
Yes. Waste and grey water tanks must be emptied and the campervan should be returned in a clean condition otherwise an additional cleaning fee may apply.
Can I rent and drive with an international license and do I need to be over a certain age to hire?
All drivers and hirers must be aged over 25 years old and
- you hold a current valid driver license from another country and:
- you’ve not received a disqualification or suspension in New Zealand and have arrived into NZ less than 12 months ago, and
- your overseas license is in English (if it’s not, you must have an accurate legal translation), and
- you’ve not been granted a New Zealand driver license, and
- you have not renewed, requalified or reinstated a New Zealand driver license since you last entered New Zealand.
You cannot drive in New Zealand if:
- your overseas license has expired or is suspended, revoked or disqualified in the country of issue; or
- you have had a 28 day suspension, been served a suspension for demerit points or been disqualified by the courts in New Zealand.
Drivers Licence Requirements
Please note: A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection.
Visiting us from overseas? If your license is in a language other than English, please ensure two things:
1. The license is appropriate for a full size motor vehicle (not restricted or learner)
2. It must be accompanied by an accredited English translation. The translation must be provided by an an NZ Transport Agency authorised translation service or a diplomatic representative at a high commission, embassy or consulate, or the authority that issued your overseas licence. (An International Driving Permit may be acceptable as a translation if in English).
What happens if I cause minor damage to the camper/vehicle?
You must notify KMH of any damage as soon as it happens so the insurance company can be informed. Any excess may be removed from the security bond. If the camper is still drivable, repairs will commence upon the vehicle’s return.
Is there a minimum rental period?
Yes, there is a 7-day minimum hire
What happens if I cancel my booking after it has been accepted?
We do recommend you are very certain and double check your booking prior to confirming your booking with KMH. However, KMH also understands that plans sometimes need to be changed so please refer schedule below.
Please refer to KMH full Terms and Conditions.
Cancellation period / Cancellation fee
Period: 30+ days before commencement of Rental Period
Fee: 20% of Rental Price
Period: 8-30 days before commencement of Rental Period
Fee: 50% of Rental Price
Period: 0-7 days before commencement of Rental Period
Fee: 100% of Rental Price
Can I take my pet with me?
Unfortunately, not, as our Hirers comfort is paramount to KMH and some Hirers can be very sensitive to animals, we cannot allow any pets in the vehicles whilst on hire.
Child restraints for all vehicles
All children aged under seven years must travel in an approved child restraint:
• Children aged from birth to approximately four years (birth-18kg) must use a child seat
• Children aged between four and seven years (15-36kg) must use a booster seat
• All child restraints must comply with the standards approved in New Zealand
Bringing your own or hiring a child or booster seat
- Child restraints & booster seats are included in most of KMH vehicles. To ensure we have some available for you, it is recommended that child restraints are requested at time of booking
- An AU/NZ Standard, European Standard or American Standard restraint that complies with New Zealand law is acceptable to use in New Zealand
Where your child can sit
• Front passenger seats in all vehicles cannot accommodate children under seven years
• Child or booster seats are not permitted in the rear facing seats of any vehicle
• We recommend that children are kept rear facing until approximately two years of age
Kiwi Motorhomes is an independently-owned company.
We offer you a very individual and personal service, and are very flexible to your needs. We’ve travelled extensively in New Zealand, so we can give really good advice on where to go and what to do, and how to make the most of motorhome travel in our beautiful country.
Our experience means that we know how nice it is to have things to do once you reach your destination. Like being able to stop anywhere you like, and use your own boogie boards and bikes.
If the weather’s not so good, having things like games and books and DVDs will keep everyone entertained.
That’s why we provide a wide range of equipment at no extra charge.
Kiwi Motorhomes is located in Auckland, which is in the upper half of the North Island.
Pick-up & Drop-off Anywhere in NZ